§11.307 Practitioner as witness.
- (a) A practitioner shall not act as advocate at a proceeding before a tribunal in which the practitioner is likely to be a necessary witness unless:
- (1) The testimony relates to an uncontested issue;
- (2) The testimony relates to the nature and value of legal services rendered in the case; or
- (3) Disqualification of the practitioner would work substantial hardship on the client.
- (b) A practitioner may act as advocate in a proceeding before a tribunal in which another practitioner in the practitioner’s firm is likely to be called as a witness unless precluded from doing so by §§ 11.107 or 11.109.
[Added 78 FR 20180, April 3, 2013, effective May 3, 2013]