§2.190 Addresses for trademark correspondence with the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- (a) Trademark correspondence-- in general. All trademark-related documents filed on paper, except documents sent to the Assignment Recordation Branch for recordation; requests for copies of trademark documents; and certain documents filed under the Madrid Protocol as specified in paragraph (e) of this section, should be addressed to: Commissioner for Trademarks, P.O. Box 1451, Alexandria, VA 22313-1451. All trademark-related documents may be delivered by hand, during the hours the Office is open to receive correspondence, to the Trademark Assistance Center, James Madison Building--East Wing, Concourse Level, 600 Dulany Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314.
- (b) Electronic trademark documents. An applicant may transmit a trademark document through TEAS, at http://www.uspto.gov. Documents that relate to proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board shall be filed directly with the Board electronically through ESTTA, at http://estta.uspto.gov/.
- (c) Trademark assignments. Requests to record documents in the Assignment Recordation Branch may be filed through the Office's web site, at http://www.uspto.gov. Paper documents and cover sheets to be recorded in the Assignment Recordation Branch should be addressed to: Mail Stop Assignment Recordation Branch, Director of the United States Patent and Trademark Office, P.O. Box 1450, Alexandria, Virginia 22313-1450. See § 3.27 of this chapter.
- (d) Requests for Copies of Trademark Documents. Copies of trademark documents can be ordered through the Office’s web site at http://www.uspto.gov. Paper requests for certified or uncertified copies of trademark documents should be addressed to: Mail Stop Document Services, Director of the United States Patent and Trademark Office, P.O. Box 1450, Alexandria, Virginia 22313-1450.
- (e) Certain Documents Relating to International Applications and Registrations. International applications under § 7.11, subsequent designations under § 7.21, responses to notices of irregularity under § 7.14, requests to record changes in the International Register under § 7.23 and § 7.24, requests to note replacements under § 7.28, requests for transformation under § 7.31, and petitions to the Director to review an action of the Office's Madrid Processing Unit, when filed by mail, must be mailed to: Madrid Processing Unit, 600 Dulany Street, MDE-7B87, Alexandria, VA 22314-5793.
[Added 68 FR 48286, Aug. 13, 2003, effective Sept. 12, 2003; amended 69 FR 57181, Sept. 24, 2004, effective Oct. 4, 2004; 69 FR 63320, Nov. 1, 2004; 72 FR 18907, April 16, 2007; 81 FR 69950, Oct. 7, 2016, effective January 14, 2017]