37 CFR 2.77: Amendments between notice of allowance and statement of use
Taken from the USPTO's TM Federal Statutes and Rules, Last Revised in January 2018
§2.77 Amendments between notice of allowance and statement of use.
- (a) The only amendments that may be entered in an application between the issuance of the notice of allowance and the submission of a statement of use are:
- (1) The deletion of specified goods or services, or the entire description of the nature of the collective membership organization, from the identification;
- (2) The deletion of a basis in a multiple-basis application; and
- (3) A change of attorney or change of address.
- (b) Other amendments may be entered during this period only with the express permission of the Director, after consideration on petition under § 2.146. If the Director determines that the amendment requires review by the examining attorney, the petition will be denied and the amendment may be resubmitted with the statement of use in order for the applicant to preserve its right to review.
[54 FR 37594, Sept. 11, 1989; as amended 73 FR 67759, Nov. 17, 2008, effective Jan. 16, 2009; 80 FR 2303, Jan. 16, 2015, effective Feb. 17, 2015; 80 FR 33170, June 11, 2015, effective July 11, 2015]