3.25 Recording requirements for trademark applications and registrations.
Documents affecting title. To record documents
affecting title to a trademark application or registration, a legible
cover sheet (see §3.31 ) and one of the following must be
- (1) A copy of the original document;
- (2) A copy of an extract from the document evidencing the effect on title; or
- (3) A statement signed by both the party conveying the interest and the party receiving the interest explaining how the conveyance affects title.
- (b) Name changes. Only a legible cover sheet is required (See § 3.31 ).
For electronic submissions : All
documents must be submitted as digitized images in Tagged Image File
Format (TIFF) or another form as prescribed by the Director. When
printed to a paper size of either 21.6 by 27.9 cm (8 1/2 by 11 inches)
or 21.0 by 29.7 cm (DIN size A4), a 2.5 cm (one-inch) margin must be
present on all sides.
- (2) For paper or facsimile submissions : All documents should be submitted on white and non-shiny paper that is either 8 1/2 by 11 inches (21.6 by 27.9 cm) or DIN size A4 (21.0 by 29.7 cm) with a one-inch (2.5 cm) margin on all sides in either case. Only one side of each page may be used. The Office will not return recorded documents, so original documents should not be submitted for recording.
[Added, 64 FR 48900, Sept. 8, 1999, effective Oct. 30, 1999; revised, 69 FR 29865, May 26, 2004, effective June 25, 2004]