42.22 Content of petitions and motions.
Each petition or motion must be filed as
a separate paper and must include:
- (1) A statement of the precise relief requested; and
- (2) A full statement of the reasons for the relief requested, including a detailed explanation of the significance of the evidence including material facts, and the governing law, rules, and precedent.
- (b) Relief requested. Where a rule in part 1 of this title ordinarily governs the relief sought, the petition or motion must make any showings required under that rule in addition to any showings required in this part.
- (c) Statement of material facts. Each petition or motion may include a statement of material fact. Each material fact preferably shall be set forth as a separately numbered sentence with specific citations to the portions of the record that support the fact.
- (d) The Board may order additional showings or explanations as a condition for authorizing a motion (see § 42.20(b) ).
[Added, 77 FR 48612, Aug. 14, 2012, effective Sept. 16, 2012]