42.8 Mandatory notices.
- (a) Each notice listed in paragraph (b) of this section must be filed with the Board:
- (1) By the petitioner, as part of the petition;
- (2) By the patent owner, or applicant in the case of derivation, within 21 days of service of the petition; or
- (3) By either party, within 21 days of a change of the information listed in paragraph (b) of this section stated in an earlier paper.
- (b) Each of the following notices must be filed:
- (1) Real party-in-interest. Identify each real party-in-interest for the party.
- (2) Related matters. Identify any other judicial or administrative matter that would affect, or be affected by, a decision in the proceeding.
- (3) Lead and back-up counsel. If the party is represented by counsel, then counsel must be identified.
- (4) Service information. Identify (if applicable):
- (i) An electronic mail address;
- (ii) A postal mailing address;
- (iii) A hand-delivery address, if different than the postal mailing address;
- (iv) A telephone number; and
- (v) A facsimile number.
[Added, 77 FR 48612, Aug. 14, 2012, effective Sept. 16, 2012]