1002.02(c)(1) Petitions Decided by the Director of Technology Center 3640 [R-07.2015]
In addition to the items delegated to all Technology Center Directors under MPEP § 1002.02(c), authority to decide the following is delegated to the Director of Technology Center 3640:
1. All petitions filed under 35 U.S.C. 267 to extend the time for taking action in United States-owned applications wherein the invention is important to the armament or defense of the United States, MPEP § 710.
2. All petitions under 37 CFR 1.103(f) to suspend action in United States-owned applications wherein the publication of the invention might be detrimental to the public safety or defense, MPEP § 709, subsection II.
6. Petitions for modification of secrecy order, 37 CFR 5.5(c), MPEP § 120.
7. Petitions relating to refusal of request for publication of a Statutory Invention Registration, 37 CFR 1.295 as in effect on March 15, 2013.
8. Petitions relating to request for withdrawal of request for publication of a Statutory Invention Registration, 37 CFR 1.296 as in effect on March 15, 2013.
9. Petitions relating to DOE property rights statements under 42 U.S.C. 2182, MPEP § 150.
10. Petitions relating to NASA property rights statements under 42 U.S.C. 2457, MPEP § 150.
12. Petitions concerning review of security or government interest matters not otherwise provided for.
13. Petitions relating to any application under a secrecy order pursuant to 35 U.S.C. 181, including petitions to expunge subject matter from the application to overcome the secrecy order.