1002.02(k)(1) Petitions and Matters Decided by the General Counsel [R-07.2015]
1. Requests for confidentiality waiver under 35 U.S.C. 122.
2. Petitions (under 37 CFR 90.3(c) or 37 CFR 2.145(e)) seeking to extend the time for filing a notice of appeal to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit or for commencing a civil action seeking judicial review of a decision of the Patent Trial and Appeal Board or the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
3. Petitions under 37 CFR 11.2(d) from a final decision of the Director of the Office of Enrollment and Discipline, regarding enrollment or recognition.
4. Petitions under 37 CFR 11.2(e) from a final decision of the Director of the Office of Enrollment and Discipline, regarding disciplinary matters.
5. Appeals under 37 CFR 11.55 of initial decisions of hearing officers and requests for reconsideration under 37 CFR 11.56(c) in proceedings under 35 U.S.C. 32 in which the Director of the Office of Enrollment and Discipline seeks to exclude or suspend a practitioner from practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
6. All contested decisions involving the Office of Enrollment and Discipline.