108.02 Personal Telephone Assistance
If additional information regarding the status of an application or registration is required, callers may telephone TAC at (571) 272-9250 or (800) 786-9199 and request a status check. TAC also provides general information about the trademark registration process. Telephone assistance is available from 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Eastern Time, Monday through Friday, except on Federal holidays within the District of Columbia. Walk-in service is available from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday, except on Federal holidays within the District of Columbia.
The Trademark Assistance Center will gladly answer questions about the application process. However, USPTO employees cannot:
- conduct trademark searches for the public (see TMEP §104);
- comment on the validity of registered marks (see TMEP §1801);
- answer questions as to whether a particular mark or type of mark is eligible for registration;
- offer legal advice or opinions about common-law trademark rights, state registrations, or trademark infringement claims; or
- aid in the selection of a private trademark attorney or search firm (37 C.F.R. §2.11).
See TMEP Chapter 1800 regarding public inquiries about applications and registrations.