305.02(a) When Certificate of Mailing Procedure May Not Be Used
The certificate of mailing procedure may be used for all trademark correspondence except:
- Applications for registration of marks;
- International applications under 37 C.F.R. §7.11;
- Subsequent designations under 37 C.F.R. §7.21;
- Responses to notices of irregularity under 37 C.F.R. §7.14;
- Requests to record changes of ownership under 37 C.F.R. §7.23;
- Requests to record restrictions of the holder’s right of disposal, or the release of such restrictions, under 37 C.F.R. §7.24; and
- Requests for transformation under 37 C.F.R. §7.31.
37 C.F.R. §§2.197(a)(2), 7.4(e).